McCormick is the largest spice company in the world. R/GA was engaged to help design a system that would enable them to share and showcase their extensive flavor knowledge in a way that would benefit consumers and their business.
Flavorprint is a digital product, created to help people discover new recipes. It works by analyzing people’s flavor preferences and matching them to the underlying flavors contained in other recipes. Each person gets a unique Flavorprint based on both explicit signals (e.g. recipes likes and their stated allergies) and implicit signals (e.g. behaviorial activity on the site).
Flavorprint is like Pandora for food – it becomes smarter over time as the system gains a more nuanced understanding about an individuals flavor preferences.
Flavorprint was an award winning colloboration between many diverse disciplines including flavor scientists, data scientists, strategists, copywriters, designers and developers. I helped McCormick with:
- User experience / Product design for McCormick FlavorPrint
- User experience design for a responsive website
Flavorprint was built and launched on a new responsive website. R/GA designed this website as a platform which would finally connect McCormick’s other various spice brands and elevate new digital services like Flavorprint.
We won the following awards for McCormick FlavorPrint and the responsive website:
- Cannes Cyber Lion: Silver, Branded Utility / Tool (2013)
- Cannes Cyber Lion: Bronze, User Experience (2013)
- IAB MIXX Awards: Silver, Branded Utility (2013)
- London International Advertising Awards: Bronze, Foods (2013)
- Webby Awards: Honoree, Food & Beverage (2014)
- The One Show: Merit, Data and Human Experience: Online Data Visualization & Info Graphics (2014)
- The One Show: Merit, Websites, Food & Drinks (2014)